All courthouse offices are open Monday-Friday from 8:00am-4:00pm
DUTIES OF THE TRUSTEE
- The Trustee acts as a Treasurer- General Banker for the County.
- The Office collects all county real and personal property taxes as well as State funds including Sa les tax revenue and Federal funds. The Trustee receives and disburses county funds, keeping accurate records for each transaction. Revenues are identified by use of a uniform chart of accounts authorized by the Comptroller’s office and administered by the county audit division.
- The Trustee also invests temporarily idle funds to generate interest income. The Trustee, who is elected to a four year term, maintains control of county funds until they are distributed on a monthly basis to government agencies.
- In person at the Trustee’s Office in the Union County Courthouse
- Via mail by mailing your payment to the Union County Trustee’s Office
- Pay online by following this link – Pay 2022 Property Taxes. A convenience fee will apply to these payments. The County does not benefit or receive any of the convenience fee
- Partial payments are also accepted when payments are made in the office
Tax Notices are normally mailed in late September each year and are payable through the end of February. They become delinquent on March 1 each year. They remain in the Trustee’s office for 18 months. At that time, all taxes due are given to the Clerk & Master for collection. A lawsuit is then filed for collection of the taxes.